Please note: this newsletter is not an advertising or marketing newsletter. It is a technical, educational newsletter, targetted at veterinarians and dog owners who want to learn nutritional science. It will be published monthly and will be emailed to subscribers as a pdf attachment. The Oct issue has been emailed out. To view the topics and to download previous months, see the sidebar at right.
Note: your email address will be used exclusively for this newsletter and for no other purpose. It will never be released to any other party for any reason. You can unsubscribe from this newsletter at any time and your email will be immediately removed from our database.
IN THE OCTOBER ISSUE (16 pg):
- Protein and Amino Acids - Structure and Function
- Hepatic Encephalopathy in Dogs
- Dietary Management of Canine Liver Disease
- The feline dietary requirement for iodine is lower than the 2006 NRC recommended allowance.
(Research Study of the Month)
Click to download the Oct issue (pdf).
IN THE JULY ISSUE (14 pg):
- Fundamentals of Research in Pet Nutrition: The Journey to a PhD
- Science Versus Pseudoscience – Can You Tell the Difference?
- Research, Product Testing & Quality Assurance – 3 Types of Testing, 3 Different Purposes
- The effect of diet composition on insulin resistance in cats (Research Study of the Month)
Click to download the July issue (pdf).
IN THE JUNE ISSUE (17 pg):
- Calcium, phosphorus, vitamin D and parathyroid hormone
- Calcium/phosphorus balance in renal disease
- Calcium and phosphorus in growing puppies
- Blood profiles of dogs reared on homemade diets in India (Research Study of the Month)
Click to download the June issue (pdf).
IN THE MAY ISSUE (15 pg):
- Diarrhea, constipation and their dietary management..
- Nutritional management of inflammatory bowel disease in dogs
- Dietary and prebiotic fibre
- Fiber-related digestive processes in three different breeds of pigs
Click to download the May issue (pdf).
IN THE APRIL ISSUE (16 pg):
- Food allergies in dogs.
- Limited antigen recipes for the management of atopy (inhalant allergies) in dogs
- Limited antigen recipes for the diagnosis and management of food allergies in dogs
- Limited antigen recipes for the management of gastroenteritis in dogs
- Animal models for protein allergenicity
Click to download the Apr issue (pdf).
IN THE MARCH ISSUE:
- Nutritional management of cachexia in dogs with kidney disease.
- Nutritional management of cachexia in dogs with cancer.
- Strengthening the skin barrier with B-vitamins.
- The successful nutritional management of canine lymphoma: Case report for “Bailey” Allin
- Vitamin D deficiency in humans
Click to download the March issue (pdf).
IN THE FEBRUARY ISSUE:
- Hypoglycemia in agility dogs.
- Carbohydrates: structure, metabolism, function.
- Iodine deficiency and secondary hypothyroidism.
- Dietary folate in humans
Click to download the Feb issue (pdf).